This is a fun tour of Mumbai using local transport – our famous black and yellow taxis, red buses, and local trains.
Your guides are a group of enthusiastic youngsters who will show you the city as they see it everyday – alive and vibrant, and constantly on the move. One or possibly two guides will be assigned to your tour.
The tour starts at the Gateway of India and covers all the must-see places in Bombay. It includes the following:
• A walking exploration of the British Heritage District (30 minutes). Covers Gateway of India, Regal Circle, Prince of Wales Museum, Kala Ghoda, Bombay University, High Court, Oval Maidan and Churchgate
• A bus ride from Churchgate to Mani Bhavan, Gandhi's home in Mumbai. The bus goes via Marine Drive and Chowpatty, with views of the Arabian Sea.
• A brief stop for tea and snacks at the award-winning Swati Snacks, to sample Bombay's legendary fast food
• A walk through a Bhaji Gully to see a bustling local bazaar
• A train ride to see Dhobi Ghat (the city's unique open air laundry system)
The tour ends with a taxi ride to Victoria Terminus, to see Bombay's landmark Gothic railway station. At VT, the guide will help you find transport to your hotel or to the airport.
The idea behind the tour is for you to experience the city the way locals do, to see Mumbai from an insider’s perspective. However, for safety and convenience, we’ve picked off-peak hours for the train ride, and will travel in the opposite direction of the city’s rush-hour traffic.
Any day of the week, either in the morning at 10:00 or in the afternoon at 2:00. Starts at Gateway of India, and lasts 4 hours.
Costs and Booking:
The tour costs INR 2000 per person. The price includes all transportation, entrances to Mani Bhavan, tea and snacks, as well as illustrated handouts for each participant. Please note that this tour runs only in English. Prior reservation is mandatory.
India's number one travel agent with an experience of over 38 years in travel and hospitality industry of India, we have a very slight chance of error when it comes to show "Incredible India".
6E Central Market, Ashok Vihar,
Delhi - 110052, INDIA